Monday, May 23, 2011

Missin' that good ol' Southern comfort


I miss my little townhouse. Not only my townhouse, but my giant kitchen. I must say I took it for granted for sure. I miss my life down South every day when I look out the window and it's raining...again...and it's 36 degress outside...in the middle of MAY. May. Does that mean anything to anyone?

I miss being able to sleep with the windows open (for about 2 seconds until the humidity makes you suffocate) or wear shorts when it's summer. Here I'm in sweatpants and a sweatshirt every day in May-did I mention that?


Life is very different out here. Last Sunday at church I was pushed and shoved by about 1,000 people making a mad dash for the door as we exited service. I got so frustrated I stopped in the middle of the crowd and told Colin I wanted just one person to say "Excuse me." Just one simple phrase that is heard often down South, but apparently these people didn't get the memo.

Everything is still dead here, too. Oh, colorful Colorado-where is your color? It's May (just making sure I said that), and everything is still dead and I'm pretty sure I heard a rattlesnake beside the river last week. Yeah, it just got real.

Being unemployed has left me PLENTY of time to cook and bake all the recipes I've wanted to make for the past 5 months (even though I haven't touched the 50 sitting in my e-mail inbox yet.) So the past few weeks have solidified my love of making delectable treats and dinners for me and my hubby. The Lord works in mysterious ways, and I'm excited to see what's going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment