Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Imitator peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

Okay, so maybe I cheated a little bit. I wanted to make cookies, but I'm still on shaky ground with the whole flour/baking soda combination at this altitude. So, I made flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Baby steps here people. Baby steps.

I must say I'm a smidge annoyed with these cookies because I burned myself on three of my right hand fingers and on the backside of my left hand while making them. Perhaps it's my fault, but I blame the cookies.
Without further ado, here is one of the easiest cookies you'll ever make.

Flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
(I adapted this recipe from a Cooking Light recipe)


1 cup light creamy peanut butter (or crunchy for some extra fun)
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup (or a little more) semisweet chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix everything but the chocolate chips until well blended. Stir in chocolate.
3. Bake for 10 minutes (up here anyways) or until puffed and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes and then take off sheet onto wire rack. AND voila. Instant (almost) goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment