Saturday, May 21, 2011

Blondies really do have more fun


That's right. This is a post about the most perfect white version of a brownie ever! I must say this is the recipe that I've had the most trouble with, not because of the elevation, but because our apartment didn't come with a microwave and clearly my Kitchen Aid stand mixer had to take up the only remaining counter space. Needless to say, a 5 minute recipe turned into a 20 minute ordeal while trying to melt butter in a toaster oven. Yeah, you're telling me.
Anyways, here is the fabulous blondie recipe that is currently baking in my oven. Let's hope it turns out as fabulous as the batter tasted!

(Since blondies are basically a blank canvas and offer themselves to all sorts of mix-ins and fixins, I added chocolate chips. Crazy right?!)

Blondies:
(adapted from Smitten Kitchen, as always. Love her.)
*1 stick of butter, melted
*1 cup light brown sugar
*1 egg
*1 tsp. vanilla
*dash of salt
*1 cup all-purpose flour

1. Mix butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in egg. Add vanilla then dash of salt and mix in all-purpose flour. Stir in any somethin' extras like cranberries and white chocolate chips (YUM!). Get real crazy with it.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. Then enjoy; it's going to be AMAZING! (I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment