Thursday, April 14, 2011

A handpicked memory


Today the amazing Dills (that's Tricia) and I went out to a strawberry field "on assignment." By on assignment I of course mean she had to take a photo and I just wanted strawberries. As I stood in the strawberry patch talking to the good ole southern farmer whose blood, sweat and tears had gone into the soil and this strawberry (about a dozen of them actually) I was about to enjoy, I realized just how much I was going to miss this place.
We're now down to the final tick marks on the calendar (4 days until D-day), and the state of my house reminds me just how close the move is everyday when I go home. I haven't been able to cook an actual meal since we packed up our kitchen almost two weeks ago; we took our washer and dryer to my in-laws last weekend, so much for doing laundry; and this weekend we are doing the final errands and packing before we get the truck. As excited as I am about this new adventure, I can't help but wonder exactly how much I will miss the place that I called home for over 20 years. I'm going to miss every friend I've made here, but we all move on. So, here's to good friends, great memories and hand picked strawberries. Cheers Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment