Sunday, March 27, 2011

A little fudgy bit of Heaven

So, I know I promised delicious no-bake, chocolate peanut butter cookies for today's bake, BUT instead I bring ooey gooey brownies for everyone. Perhaps there is a life lesson here about hopes, but we won't go there today. This afternoon when I went to start these delicious cookies of my childhood, the fridge had used all the butter. (No, I am not projecting the blame of eating all the butter on the refrigerator. That's craziness.)
Anyways, to the brownies-which I actually made on Thursday. There are now two left. What can I say? It's been a rainy weekend.



(This is the picture I took with my phone while enjoying a wonderful brownie this afternoon, in fact. Eat your heart out.)

Sarah Jane's bit of Heaven brownies:

  • 4 squares unsweetened semi-sweet chocolate (Or I used 12 tbl. cocoa and 4 tbl. vegetable oil-same thing)

  • 1 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

  • 3 eggs

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour

  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract

  • 1/8 tsp. salt

    1. Preheat oven to 350.
    2. Melt butter, cocoa and oil in microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute (stirring after 30 seconds). Whisk in sugar and brown sugar. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, mixing just until blended. Whisk in flour, vanilla and salt.
    3. Pour into 8X8 pan (greased).
    4. Bake for 40 minutes.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment