Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hello spring, goodbye sugar


I love winter clothes; I all but write love letters to winter and all of its oversized, forgiving clothing options. That is until spring comes (which it did) and I pull out all of those adorable sun dresses and shorts from my off-season clothing bin (which I did - this weekend). Man was that a kick in the pants for all of the holiday treats I allowed myself to indulge in without a second thought to the the weighted repercussions.

This led me and my husband to the realization that we need to get skinny again. In fact, I even went back and scraped off all of the to-die-for maple almond cream cheese frosting I graciously doted all over my delicious "skinny" pumpkin muffins this weekend. So, from now on I will be baking whole wheat, low sugar treats as much as possible. Out with the frumpy winter turtle necks and into that adorable blue bikini I bought at the end of last summer. My last ode to the winter months will be easy, no-bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies. Check in on Sunday for the recipe for these delectable confections. Until then-I stay in my green hoodie and try not to think of my lovely sundresses hanging in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment