Monday, July 11, 2011

The perfect cup'a Joe with whip

As some of you might know, ever since the thought of moving to a new state became a possibility I campaigned hard for the incredible city of Seattle. If you've never been there, drop what you're doing and buy a plane ticket. Now. I'm not kidding. This is the most incredible time of year to be there, and when we were there for a short five days last year on our honeymoon, that city captured my heart. I am a writer and hopeless romantic and that city has everything an overly emotional writer could need - rain, coffee shops and a bay that will make your heart stop. (So it's more like a sound or a semi-coast, but bay just rolls off the tongue doesn't it?) Not to mention the view of Mt. Rainier from the Space Needle. I could live in the needle just for that view.


Anyways, when I compromised by moving to Denver, I thought this city would capture my heart just like Seattle did, I mean everyone wants to live out here right? Apparently, I didn't get the Colorado gene. I don't like the weather; I can't lay out at the pool without getting third degree burns, and worst of all, all I smell all the time is the dump which is conveniently located 100 yards from my back deck. Hooray for the stench of rotting household garbage.



Everyday I wake up, I hope to be in Washington state, I mean look at that fresh seafood market. Who wouldn't want to live within walking distance of that? Pike Place Market has EVERYTHING. I could have spent years in that place. Anyways, to today's recipe- coffee with a dollop of homemade whipped cream. YUM! Perhaps I should connect my Seattle ramblings here with this recipe. Seattle is all things coffee and my favorite coffee/donut shop on the planet is there - Top Pot. It's incredible and yes, another reason why you must visit. Seattle is also the home of Seattle's Best coffee and Starbucks. There are actually 19 Starbucks in like a mile radius or something like that. Whatever it is, it's insane and fabulous. Gah, I miss that place. Anyways, I will stop my ramblings. On to this delicious recipe. 


Sorry, had to slip that last picture in there. Now really, on to the most delicious coffee ever. Seriously, I almost dropped my glass on the first sip.

Homemade whipped cream 
Heavy whipping cream
Powdered sugar
vanilla extract

1. Pour 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream into a bowl. Put in 2 tablespoons (less if you don't want sweet cream) of powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla.
2. Take your whisk and beat it into submission. Yes, this step does count as exercise.
3. Brew a delicious (and strong) cup of coffee and dollop on top. Be sitting when you take the first sip. I'm serious.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment