Saturday, June 18, 2011

A return for a reluctant domestic




Lydia here.

I know I have been absent for some time. But Sarah has been baking up a storm.

I have lots of excuses for not posting. I am pregnant and the smell of cooking meat made me run for the garbage can. My long work hours left little time for cooking. But really I just didn't feel like it. But now I am forcing myself back in to the kitchen.

A few nights ago I made this one skillet chicken parmesan. Single skillet meals are, by far, the greatest.

What you will need:
2 chicken breasts (flattened by a skillet)
One jar of really good pasta sauce. - I recommend Bertolli.
A small onion
Flour
One egg
Olive oil if you have a specialty store with Kalamata Olive oil that is even better.
Parmesan cheese
Angel hair pasta

In a skillet warm up your olive oil and chop that onion. Toss the onion in the skillet to brown.
Give the chicken an egg bath and run it through the flour then place it in the skillet with the cooked onion and oil. Brown on both sides until cooked all the way through. Then pour your sauce over the chicken and sprinkle on the cheese and throw in some angel hair pasta and then let simmer for about 10 minutes.

Enjoy! Next time taco skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment