Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ode to sundried tomato bliss


Ahhh the taste of summer. There is nothing better than all of the fresh eats that come with these warm summer months. Although, living in a state with very little humidity has given me a completely different outlook on the season. Want to know something I never thought I would be able to say? I can get out of the shower and let my hair air dry, as in no heated hair tools, and it looks fabulous. No blow dryer, no straightener or curling iron and most of all, NO FRIZZ! Who would have ever thought that a girl with way too much hair from the South could walk out in public without doing so much heat damage to their hair that it looked like straw. What freedom I have now.




Anyways, I have wanted to make "sun dried" tomatoes since January and we are FINALLY getting into tomato season. At the first sight of a sale and coupon combination, I rushed to the store and bought two bags of cherry tomatoes, and while they aren't from our farmer's market, they'll do for now. These little beauties are fabulous. I forgot about them while I was couponing so they are a little drier than I would like, but they are so full of flavor I might just make the other bag of them for snacks. They are delish and oh so simple. Here's how you do it:


Roasted tomatoes:
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Olive oil
  • Garlic cloves, unpeeled
  • Salt and pepper

    1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Slice tomatoes crosswise and place on baking sheet.
    2. Drizzle olive oil on tomatoes and add seasoning as desired. Don't add too much seasoning because these things are bursting with flavor.
    3. Bake for 3 hours or until the tomatoes are dried around the edges but still have some liquid in the center.
    4. Take out and eat immediately or store in olive oil in the fridge for up to one week.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment